Skip to main content

10 At Home Date Night Ideas for Married Couples

Good morning friends!

We are beginning week 6 now of quarantine. I’m sure nobody really thought it would last this long. I know I didn’t. As we continue in this new normal, one of the biggest struggles has been what to do with all this time. I’ve written blogs on organizing and fun ideas, but at a certain point, we just have too much time on our hands.

My husband and I have made a point since we started dating to have a date night every week. It has carried into our almost three year marriage, and we hold to it religiously. I genuinely believe that our marriage would not be nearly as strong as it is without these weekly date nights. But, as with everything else recently, date nights have suffered fro the quarantine. Don’t get me wrong, we still have date night, but there’s only so many weeks in a row that you can watch a movie and eat fun foods before it gets a little old. So I thought I would make a list of 10 stay at home date night ideas. Who knows? Maybe by the time we do all 10, this craziness will be over.

1. The classic: dinner and a movie.🎬
We have done this one so many different ways. You can make dinner together and then watch an movie after dinner. Make it a candlelight dinner and dress up. We have made pizza and nachos and all kinds of other fun junk foods and binge watched a show on Netflix. There’s a million ways to do it. Be creative.

2. Game night!🎮
Bust out that Monopoly board and play the long version. Trust me, it’ll be fun, unless you’re the one who always loses. Trivia is also a lot of fun for date night. If you’re more tech-y, play a video game together.

3. Go somewhere! 🚙

Now this one comes with a disclaimer. Stay in the car, and take safety precautions. One of our favorite things to do is get a coffee or ice cream to go and enjoy it on our way home. It helps to just get out of the house for a few minutes. And it stimulates conversation.

4. Do a photo shoot 📸

Get dressed up and go outside. Have a contest with who can take the most creative picture of the other one. On a similar note, it can be fun to turn these photos into a gallery wall for the house.

5. Spa night! 💆💆‍♂️🛁

This is one of my favorites, and a really great and creative way to be intimate with your spouse. Buy some bath bombs and take a bath together. Just relax and unwind. Then move to the bedroom for a massage. Both of you will feel so relaxed and intimate that it just may lead to that happy ending. By the way, gentlemen, you’d be amazed how loved your wife will feel if you’ll brush her hair and just hold her.

6. Have a craft night. 👩🏻‍🎨👨🏻‍🎨

Hear me out. I know this sounds unbelievable cheesy. There are about 100 paint by number places out there for you and your spouse to create your own Pinot’s Palette experience. If you’re not up for the paint by number, try just a blank canvas. Make a pitcher of margaritas and you’re golden. Another fun idea is to design your own board game. My husband and I have been working on a Monopoly board specific to our relationship and the places that are special to us.

7. Make an adventure book! 📝📔

This idea comes from the movie Up. You can make this idea totally your own. My husband and I wanted ours to be like a scrapbook of all our crazy adventures. But you can make yours a bucket list. Or a hopes and dreams journal. Or like a vision board. Do what makes sense for your relationship. The Polaroid Zip printer is phenomenal and it prints from your phone.

8. Plan and budget the dream vacation. 🛫🏔🏖

For me it’s a Mediterranean cruise, and it’s on our 25th wedding anniversary. Figure out where you want to go, when you want to go, and a safe estimate of how much you’ll need to save to make it happen. Then, label a mason jar with that specific dream and start putting in money weekly or monthly or whatever you decide. When our worlds feel so small it can be really healthy to dream big. You can also plan a vacation for once this craziness is over to get you out of the house.

9. Build a project. 🛠

Sometimes manual labor is the way to go. Right now, we have at least three projects in the works. Build a flower bed and do some fun landscaping. Build a closet organization system. Create a patio space outside to have bonfires and smoke roasts. The possibilities are endless.

10. Dance the night away. 💃🕺

What more romantic date night idea could there possibly be than to dance with the love of your life. There is a date night living room country dance program out right now than I’m dying to try. But you don’t need it to turn on some love songs and slow dance.

Other tips:

Guys, swallow it and watch the dang chick flick. You’ll thank me later. ❤️

For added fun, make some fun dessert with one of you blindfolded. Trust game!🥧

It can really help to have some conversation starters just to jump start the talking and keep you from talking about work or whatever you’re missing out on right now.

Happy dating!

Until next week,

Mrs. Ashley Seguin


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Ways to Organize for Moving

Good morning Friends! As we speak I am taking a brief break from unpacking endless moving boxes.  Such fun! Sarcasm aside, it got me thinking that keeping your moving organized would be a fantastic blog topic. So, without further ado, here are my 5 Ideas for staying organized while moving. Idea #1: Keep a manifest (like an inventory log) When my family moved from North Carolina to Idaho (long story), we labeled all of our boxes with a number. In a notebook, we wrote down what was in Box #1, then Box #2, then Box #3, etc. You could also wait to number the boxes until after you have determined which are the most essential to the most non-essential, and then use the numbers as a rank-order system. Personally, unless you’re trekking across the country in a 20 year old, salt-eaten Ford Expedition toting a 6x10 trailer with ALL your family’s belongings (like I said, long story), then I think this method is a little TOO organized. And that is coming from someone who writes blogs about

5 Meal Prepping Tips For the Beginner

Good Morning Friends!  I don’t know about the rest of you, but I am so excited that this quarantine is over. OF course, things are to back to 100% normal, but they will be. This week, I really wanted to focus on meal prepping. We’ve talked about meal planning before in  Meal Planning for the Average Woman  blog, but Ive never discussed meal prepping. I also got a bunch of questions this week for tips on meal prepping, so I thought I would provide some of my tricks. First, before you start anything else, you need to know this: Meal prepping is not rocket science. It is simply intentionality. It requires you to think through what you want to eat long prior to the panicked half hour before dinner. It is not difficult, and it definitely does not have to be elaborate. There are some super simple ways to make meal prep so much easier on yourself. When I first started meal prepping, it took me all day on Sunday. Obviously I didn’t want to spend my entire Sunday slaving over a hot stov

Museum or Landfill: The science behind clutter

Good morning Friends! Today I want to talk about getting rid of clutter: the why and the ever-so practical how. Why should I get rid of clutter. Psychology Today poses 4 reasons to get rid of clutter. 1. Your Home feels like your enemy. Your home is supposed to feel like a refuge. It should be a place where you can relax and unwind. Clutter absolutely destroys that feeling in your home. I know from personal experience that a cluttered house is stressful. Home was yet another load on the to do list, rather than a place to go to escape the chaos of the world. Having a clutter-free or at least a low-clutter home will contribute to your peace of mind. 2. It can kill your diet. If nothing else gets you, this one should. I know so many people set a New Years Resolution to date healthy and then in a moment of weakness at the grocery store, grab that bag of half price candy from the holidays. I am not innocent of this by any means. But a study at Cornell University showed that peo